Senior Director, Product Development
Eclipse Bioinnovations is a rapidly growing RNA-centric biotech company located in San Diego, CA. At Eclipse Bioinnovations we develop cutting-edge, high value NGS technologies that simplify RNA research and help leading biotech, pharmaceutical and academic researchers accelerate the development of new RNA therapeutics. As a small company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to make a significant contribution to our growth and success.
Eclipse Bioinnovations is seeking a Sr. Director, Product Development to oversee the development and commercial launch of new NGS products and services in the RNA genomics space. The successful candidate for this position will lead cross-functional activities with molecular biology, bioinformatics and manufacturing to develop and validate novel NGS products that illuminate multiple aspects of the RNA lifecycle. This position leads and oversees technical operations associated with the development, validation and quality control of company products for our domestic and global customers.
- Lead a scientific team through new product development for novel RNA genomics technologies and transfer to manufacturing
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to a highly skilled science team
- Establish supporting processes for development, design, and introduction of new products and services
- Oversee development of new QC methods to assess reagents and overall product quality
- Design and oversee reagent guard banding and stability studies
- Set and drive Operational Goals and Metrics for the product development, production, and commercial functions to align with overall business strategy and direction
- Oversee and coordinate generation of SOPs and training
- Oversee product stability testing and shipping testing
- Implement quality control documentation and procedures (ISO, training, etc.)
- PhD in biomedical, life science or bioinformatics field with a minimum of 7-10 years industry experience; preferably with significant experience in NGS product development and commercialization
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team of scientists or other highly technical professionals
- Experience in a product development role encompassing transferring technology to manufacturing and QC
- Experience leading product development in an organization producing, marketing, and selling genomics research tools
- Experience with a variety of NGS library preparation workflows
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with ISO certification
- Experience handling RNA and working with RNA-based technologies
Competitive compensation and benefits package including premium medical, dental, vision, matching 401, gym benefits and paid time off.
Please apply with a CV to email@example.com with Req# 2022-03 in the subject line.
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer