Senior Research Associate - R&D
Eclipse BioInnovations is the leading RNA genomics company pioneering advanced next-gen sequencing (NGS) and computational data products used by the top biopharma and academic institutions around the world.
Our cutting-edge, high-value technologies are powering the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines to solve today’s toughest human health challenges.
As dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly our future success.
As a member of the Eclipse Bio R&D team, the Sr. Research Associate will support the R&D Scientists in developing and validating new protocols for NGS-based RNA technologies. The successful Sr. Research Associate is expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented, able to handle long and labor-intensive protocols, and have the ability to learn new protocols quickly.
- Plan and execute eCLIP and other RNA/NGS library prep experiments under manager supervision, utilizing standard biochemical and molecular techniques
- Interpret data and preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis and ensuring experiments are well documented
- Development, characterization and optimization of assay protocols and reagents
- General lab tasks including ordering, organizing, and instrument maintenance
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemical and molecular biological procedures, with a particular emphasis on strong RNA isolation and handling experience, as well as western analysis, qPCR, transfection and gel electrophoresis
- BS/MS in Molecular / Cell Biology or related discipline with 2-6 years experience in an R&D laboratory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis, statistical methods and experimental interpretation, resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Ability to run command-line analysis tools for basic data analysis
- Experience with life science tools and reagents, product development or marketing
- Industry experience
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with SRA-2021-AJ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer