Eclipse Bioinnovations is a rapidly growing RNA genomics biotech company in San Diego, CA. At Eclipse Bio, we develop cutting-edge, high value technologies that simplify RNA genomics and help leading biotech, pharma and academic researchers accelerate the development of new RNA medicines for human diseases. As a small but dynamic company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to make a significant contribution to our growth and success.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate with RNA genomics, biology or NGS experience to join our fast-growing RNA genomics team. The successful Sr. Research Associate is expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented, able to handle long and labor-intensive protocols, and have the ability to learn new protocols quickly.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain and run experiments using a Hamilton automated liquid handler.
- Develop custom scripts and methods on current equipment to scale sample throughput for both chemistry and biology applications.
- Actively identify opportunities for further automation of our existing manual processes.
- Help guide purchasing decisions for further automation equipment.
- Provide real-time support for equipment with hardware/software issues during live runs.
- Train other lab team members on instrument use and automated protocols.
- Maintain a detailed electronic lab notebook, code documentation, and author SOP’s.
- Integrate automation logs and code into our larger data infrastructure.
- Explore and deploy novel technologies to accelerate all the above.
- Communicate effectively as a member of a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize and improve laboratory process with automated liquid handlers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree biology, chemistry, bioinformatics, or related fields.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Expert at running and troubleshooting automated liquid handlers such as Hamilton Star
- Experience programing and developing liquid handling methods.
- Experience with NGS library preps is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of lab skills and techniques in a fast-paced research environment.
- Effective decision in context of rapidly evolving constraints.
- Independent and self-motivated while also being a great collaborator.
- Strong communication skills.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Eclipse SRA LHA-2021-DL in the subject line.