Senior Director, Business Development
Eclipse Bioinnovations (Eclipsebio) is seeking an exceptional business professional to lead our business development efforts in expanding the application of its technologies and services in the RNA research space. Working closely with scientific management, the Senior Director, Business Development at Eclipse Bio will leverage genomics industry experience to identify partnerships, collaborations and execute deals and maximize value of Eclipse’s technology. This individual will be responsible for creating value from Eclipse’s R & D platform and actively identify and prioritize potential new partners for collaborations.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with partners in a variety of markets including academia and industry, and other commercial end markets.
- Identify important and attractive biological and therapeutics research markets and segments for Eclipse’s RNA genomic technologies.
- Develop, execute, and lead strategies to penetrate markets through key partners and/or opinion leaders.
- Develop strategies and deal structures for in-licensing and out-licensing of genomics and data products and services
- Assist the senior management and Board of Directors in building strategic options for the company.
- Maintain a high-level of technical and market expertise to educate the market on the proper utilization and acceptance of Eclipse’s RNA technologies.
- Deliver technical presentations to potential partners and customers in the academic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology communities.
- Acquire market intelligence and feedback; provide the information to Eclipse’s management and internal team.
- Assist the marketing team by actively gathering focused content from key partners and customers for use in applications notes, web content and new applications.
- Collaborate with partners in other functions including: product development, R&D, manufacturing, and finance.
- B.S. degree in biology, genomics, bioinformatics or related field. MBA, or M.S./PhD degree highly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years business development, alliance management and licensing experience in a genomics, sequencing or life sciences technology organization.
- Familiarity with intellectual property and business practices.
- Skilled in aspects of business research (industry analysis, competitive benchmarking, VOC, and market studies qualitative/quantitative).
- Experience in sales strategy development and execution for a wide portfolio of products.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in building business relationships and establishing collaborations.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Eclipse VP BD -2021-PC in the subject line.
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer