Scientist - R&D
Eclipse Bioinnovations is a rapidly growing RNA-centric biotech company in San Diego, CA. At Eclipse Bioinnovations we develop cutting-edge, high value technologies that simplify RNA genomics and help leading biotech, pharma and academic researchers accelerate the development of new RNA medicines for human diseases. As a small company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to make a significant contribution to our growth and success.
As a member of the Eclipse Bio R&D team, the Scientist will work alongside other team members in developing and validating new protocols for NGS-based RNA technologies. The successful Scientist is expected to be innovative, detail oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to plan and execute experiments independently.
- Independently plan and execute eCLIP and other RNA/NGS library prep experiments with manager supervision, utilizing standard biochemical and molecular techniques
- Think independently about experimental setup, protocol development and data analysis
- Interpret/visualize data, prepare reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented
- Development, characterization and optimization of assay protocols and reagents
- General lab tasks including ordering, organizing, and instrument maintenance
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemistry and molecular biology procedures, with a particular emphasis on strong RNA isolation and handling experience, as well as western analysis, qPCR, transfection and gel electrophoresis
- PhD in Molecular / Cell Biology or related discipline with 0-4 year experience in an R&D laboratory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis, statistical methods and experimental interpretation, resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Ability to run command-line analysis tools for basic data analysis
- Experience with life science tools and reagents, product development or marketing
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with SC-2021-AJ in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!