Director of Human Resources
Eclipse BioInnovations is the leading RNA genomics company pioneering advanced next-gen sequencing (NGS) and computational data products used by the top biopharma and academic institutions around the world.
Our cutting-edge, high-value technologies are powering the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines to solve today’s toughest human health challenges.
As dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly our future success.
We are looking for a hands-on and strategic Director of Human Resources to join our ambitious team and help drive and retain top talent. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the human resources function including organizational design and effectiveness strategies, talent acquisition and retention, benefits and compensation, leadership and staff development, employee relations and compliance.
- Owns and manages all aspects of the company’s day-to-day and overall HR operations. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
- Responsible for developing HR strategies, making sure HR operations are carried on smoothly and effectively and providing sound advice and feedback to senior management on all related subjects
- Acts to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training, development, and growth processes/programs
- Identifies recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management
- Develops new and creative People programs to drive team engagement and happiness
- Develops, revise, and implement HR policies and procedures; employee handbooks, benefits, new hire on-boarding, compensation structure/philosophy and employee relations
- Helps build a strong feedback culture and drive a 360-degree feedback cycle
- Designs and manages recruitment strategy and selection processes (resume screening, screening calls, interviews, etc.)
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Manage the full lifecycle of an employee from on-boarding to off-boarding
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Develops and implements departmental budget
- Facilitates and provides professional development, leadership training, and certification activities for all employees
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7+ years in a Human Resources leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
- Demonstrated achievement recruiting, hiring, and building a scalable culture
- 3+ years of recruiting experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Successful record of effectively advising senior executive teams, leading an HR team, and establishing high-performance HR systems
- Understanding of employment laws and their impact on HR matters, specifically compliance with local and CA state law
- Experience working at a fast-growing, start-up building the HR infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial drive; we are a small start-up that requires the ability to roll up your sleeves and jump in
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems such as ADP, Paylocity, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with HR-2021 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer