Bioinformatics Scientist - (Remote a possibility)
Eclipse BioInnovations is the leading RNA genomics company pioneering advanced next-gen sequencing (NGS) and computational data products used by the top biopharma and academic institutions around the world.
Our cutting-edge, high-value technologies are powering the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines to solve today’s toughest human health challenges.
As dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly our future success.
We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist who wants the opportunity to significantly impact the growth and success of our RNA genomics customer service programs.
- Execute previously existing standard analysis pipelines on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data using the AWS cloud platform
- Participate in development of new software tools to compile and report customer results from NGS data
- Track projects, prepare technical reports, and communicate results for ongoing customer service contracts
- Documentation of data analysis procedures and results
- General lab and data organization tasks, including the development and maintenance of internal and customer data tracking databases
- Masters or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biology, or related discipline
- Experience performing data analysis of NGS data (e.g. RNA-seq). Previous experience with immunoprecipitation-based methods (CLIP-seq, ChIP-seq, or similar) preferred
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatic software tools for high-throughput sequencing data processing (e.g. STAR, bowtie, samtools, bedtools, or related software)
- Proficiency in Python or R. Experience with markup languages such as HTML a plus.
- Cloud computing and cloud storage experience (AWS EC2, S3)
- Industry and/or customer facing experience a plus.
- Understanding of software versioning and best practices (GitHub)
- Proven ability to analyze, communicate, and implement solutions. Must be able to function successfully with minimal direction
- Proven ability to organize, track projects and coordinate complex activities requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with remote communication tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time, Remote possible
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a short cover letter to email@example.com with BIO-2021-01 in the subject line explaining why you would be a good fit for our team at Eclipse. We look forward to hearing from you!