Eclipse Bioinnovations (Eclipsebio), is a fast-growing, RNA genomics company in San Diego, CA. Our brilliant team of cell and molecular RNA biologists, biochemists and computational scientists leverage Illumina next-gen sequencing (NGS) to develop cutting-edge, high value technologies that enable biopharmaceutical companies and academic researchers to accelerate the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines (i.e. RNA vaccines). As a dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly to our future success.
We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist who wants the opportunity to significantly impact the growth and success of our RNA genomics programs.
- Design focused experiments with wet lab research colleagues
- Execute previously existing standard analysis pipelines on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data using the AWS cloud platform
- Develop new bioinformatic analysis and software tools to compile and report results from NGS data
- Create data visualizations which highlight the value of our technologies.
- Track projects, document data analysis procedures, prepare technical reports, and communicate results
- Masters or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biology, or related discipline
- Experience performing data analysis of NGS data (e.g. RNA-seq). Previous experience with immunoprecipitation-based methods (CLIP-seq, ChIP-seq, or similar) a plus.
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatic software tools for high-throughput sequencing data processing (e.g. STAR, bowtie, samtools, bedtools, or related software)
- Technical understanding of statistics, probability, and combinatorics
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Experience using cloud computing and cloud storage (AWS EC2, S3)
- Industry and/or customer-facing experience a plus
- Understanding of software versioning and best practices (GitHub)
- Proven ability to analyze, communicate, and implement solutions. Must be able to function successfully with minimal direction
- Proven ability to organize, track projects and coordinate complex activities requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with remote communication tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functions of the organization
Job Type: Full-time, Remote possible
We offer competitive base salary range of $90,000 – $115,000 and a competitive benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time off.
Qualified candidates should apply with a CV to email@example.com with 2023-02 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer