Eclipse BioInnovations (Eclipsebio) is an RNA genomics life sciences tools company in San Diego, CA looking for dynamic and talented people to join our fast-growing team. We develop cutting-edge, high value technologies that enable biopharma and academic researchers around the world to develop new RNA medicines for many different human diseases. As a small company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to make a significant contribution to our growth and success.
This is an entry level position with opportunity for growth for candidates who are looking to work in the RNA field and develop their bioinformatics skills. Candidates should be highly motivated, eager to learn, and capable of communicating effectively. The primary role of a bioinformatics associate is to assist project leads with both customer and R&D analyses.
- Execute previously existing standard analysis pipelines on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data using the AWS cloud platform
- Assist in development of new software tools to compile and report customer results from NGS data
- Track projects, prepare technical reports, and communicate results for ongoing customer service contracts
- Documentation of data analysis procedures and results
- General lab and data organization tasks, including the development and maintenance of internal and customer data tracking databases
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biology, or related discipline
- Experience performing data analysis of NGS data (e.g. RNA-seq). Previous experience with immunoprecipitation-based methods (CLIP-seq, ChIP-seq, or similar) a plus
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatic software tools for high-throughput sequencing data processing (e.g. STAR, bowtie, samtools, bedtools, or related software)
- Proficiency in Python or R. Experience with markup languages such as HTML a plus.
- Cloud computing and cloud storage experience a plus (AWS EC2, S3)
- Understanding of software versioning and best practices (GitHub)
- Proven ability to analyze, communicate, and implement solutions. Must be able to function successfully with minimal direction
- Proven ability to organize, track projects and coordinate complex activities requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with remote communication tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time. Located in San Diego, CA. Relocation preferred, but remote work is an option for exceptional candidates.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with BIO-ASSOC in the subject line explaining why you would be a good fit for our team at Eclipse. We look forward to hearing from you!
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer