Vice President, Commercial
Eclipse Bioinnovations (Eclipsebio), is a fast-growing, RNA genomics company in San Diego, CA. Our brilliant team of cell and molecular RNA biologists, biochemists and computational scientists cell leverage NGS to develop cutting-edge, high value technologies to enable biotech, pharma and academic researchers to accelerate the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines. As a dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly to our future success.
Eclipsebio is looking for an experienced scientific and business leader to be our VP of Commercial Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering aggressive revenue growth for our RNA genomics service and kit business by providing strategic and on-the-ground leadership in marketing, sales and product development. Only candidates with prior experience in life sciences tools, preferably genomics/NGS need apply.
- Oversee the development and execution of global commercial strategies, program management, new product development, product launch campaigns, lead generation campaigns, and trade events to contribute to the company’s overall customer brand, commercial funnel, drive revenue, and accelerate growth
- Act to acquire new customers via all marketing channels, with focus on digital and growth marketing, and manage strategic client relationships (new and existing) in account-based marketing settings
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of commercial marketing activities to drive continuous process improvements and channel mix optimization.
- Analyze and report on industry-leading and competitive commercial marketing strategies
- Drive the development of strategic annual marketing plans, leading product management, sales, and marketing team members
- Build and maintain trusting and effective partnerships with all internal stakeholders; collaborate with and influence diverse, cross-functional teams (marketing, sales, customer service, R&D)
- Ensure product and solution message consistency across all corporate channels
- Assist in setting corporate financial targets and annual budgets
- Must have 7-10+ years of experience selling, marketing, or developing life sciences tools and reagents used in drug discovery and academic research; genomics/NGS expertise preferred
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and/or life sceinces; MBA and/or PhD a strong plus
- Proven leadership experience in commercial marketing, product marketing, or product development within the life sciences industry
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis, as well as a solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Team player with excellent organizational and leadership skills, combined with outstanding communication and time-management abilities
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidates experience, and an excellent benefits package including premium medical, dental, vision, matching 401, gym benefits and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a short cover letter to email@example.com with VP Commercial in the subject line explaining why you would be a good fit for our team at Eclipse. We look forward to hearing from you!
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer