Senior Scientist – RNA Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with strong RNA genomics and molecular biology experience to help lead our rapidly growing RNA genomics life sciences tools and service business.
The successful candidate will lead independent research programs within a team setting focused on creating, validating and developing important NGS products and services that significantly benefit biopharma and academic researchers in the RNA genomics community.
- Plan and execute innovative and creative laboratory experiments focused on developing, validating and bringing to market novel commercial RNA genomics products and services
- Support studies using our RNA eCLIP platform for customer and internal development projects
- Aid in development of new analysis tools and procedures for novel genomics methods
- Prepare detailed and clearly written technical reports, summaries, protocols and standard operation procedures
- Demonstrate and stay up to date on the knowledge of principles and theories related to new and emerging technologies
- Communicate effectively with customers for service projects and products as needed
- Potential for supervising direct reports and interns
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related discipline with 5y+ post-doctorate experience
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemical and molecular biological procedures, with a particular emphasis on RNA and other genomic sample preparation, RNA isolation and handling experience
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis, statistical methods and experimental interpretation, resourcefulness and the ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Product development experience
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Strong publication record
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with SR SCI-2019-012 in the subject line explaining why you would be a good fit for our team at Eclipse. We look forward to hearing from you!Job Openings