Scientist – RNA Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with strong RNA, NGS and molecular biology experience to support our rapidly growing RNA genomics life sciences tools and service business.
The successful candidate will lead independent research programs within a team setting focused on creating, validating and developing important NGS products and services that significantly benefit biopharma and academic researchers in the RNA genomics community.
- Plan and execute innovative and creative laboratory experiments focused on developing, validating and bringing to market novel commercial RNA genomics products and services
- Support studies using our RNA eCLIP platform for customer and internal development projects
- Interpret and perform quantitative analysis of experimental data
- Prepare detailed and clearly written technical reports, summaries, protocols and standard operation procedures
- Demonstrate and stay up to date on the knowledge of principles and theories related to new and emerging technologies
- Communicate effectively with customers for service projects and products as needed
- Potential for supervising direct reports and interns
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 0-5y post-doctorate experience
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemical and molecular biological procedures, with a particular emphasis on strong RNA isolation and handling experience, western analysis, IP, qPCR, transfection and gel electrophoresis
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis, statistical methods and experimental interpretation, resourcefulness and the ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Strong publication record
- Product development experience
- Ability to run command-line analysis tools for basic data analysis
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Competitive candidates should apply with a short cover letter to email@example.com with SCI-2019-017 in the subject line explaining why you would be a good fit for our team at Eclipse. Look forward to hearing from you!Job Openings