Eclipsebio is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to help us provide solutions for our partners working on groundbreaking RNA therapeutics.
Field Application Scientist – Boston
Eclipse Bioinnovations is a rapidly growing RNA-centric biotech company based in San Diego, California. At Eclipse Bioinnovations we develop cutting-edge, high value technologies utilized by nearly all the leading biopharma companies, and top academic researchers to accelerate the development of new RNA medicines, including mRNA therapeutics and vaccines, siRNAs, ASOs, RNA targeted small molecules and gene editing platforms. As a small company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to make a significant contribution to our growth and success.
We are looking for a remote Boston-based Field Application Scientist with technical hands-on experience with a strong business acumen. As a Field Application Scientist, you will be responsible for providing direct technical support to customers and closely working with our Sales & Marketing team to identify and assess new opportunities for growth. This individual will be a technical resource that can answer advanced customer inquiries and support the credibility of our technologies. The ideal candidate will be excellent at communication, passionate for their work, and an organized team player who is self-motivated to work with internal groups and external customers.
Job responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
- Oversee the planning and execution of customer experiments based on Eclipsebio’s technology platforms
- Provide on-site sample preparation including but not limited to cell culture, transfections, RNA isolation and library prep
- Conduct scientific presentations and seminars
- Address technical questions related to experimental design and sample preparation for service
- Interpret/visualize data and preparation of reports, summaries, protocols as they relate to customers scope of work
- Collect and organize customer project details and inquiries
- Development and optimization of internal documentation and processes
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemistry and molecular biology procedures, in addition to cell culture and transfections.
- PhD or MSc in Molecular / Cell Biology or related discipline with 0–4-years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team is essential
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Prior experience in customer service
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with RNA handling
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer