Eclipsebio is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and highly motivated Marketing Specialist to join our dynamic and fun team.
Business Development Representative – Boston
EVERY DAY DUTIES
Eclipsebio is a fast-growing, RNA genomics company in San Diego, CA. Our brilliant team of cell and molecular RNA biologists, biochemists and computational scientists leverage NGS to develop cutting-edge, high value technologies to enable biopharma and academic researchers to accelerate the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines. As a dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly to our future success.
Eclipse is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our dynamic and fun team. This person will be responsible for building and expanding relationships, within the existing client base to provide ongoing customer service and build the revenue stream, while also uncovering and establishing new avenues for growth. They must listen and understand customer needs and determine creative solutions, to actively create business opportunities.
This is a remote, home-office based field role in the Greater Boston area with significant travel requirements to clients in the designated sales territory. This individual can expect to spend at least 2-3 weeks out of the month visiting clients in the Greater Boston area.
- Manage business development in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans.
- Communicate with new and existing academic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts, through customer in-person visits, video-teleconferences and by telephone
- Maneuver conversations regarding highly technical genomic research projects.
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets as assigned by management
- Manage customer relationships post-sale, and implement strategies to develop long term business relationships
- Work cross functionally to meet sales and company goals
- Conduct presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably both internally at Eclipse and externally to customers around the world
- Life Science Degree with in-depth knowledge of genomics cell biology and epigenetics is required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of technical sales or business development experience
- Relevant work experience in a research lab environment is preferred but not required
- Strong desire to learn highly technical products along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with CRMs is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel overnight up to 15% of the time
Compensation includes a competitive base salary between $85,000 – $110,000, plus uncapped commission. Excellent benefits package including premium medical, dental, vision, matching 401, gym benefits and paid time off.
Please apply by sending a CV to email@example.com with Business Development Representative 2022-06 in the subject line.
Eclipsebio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer