Application Scientist – Services
Eclipse BioInnovations is the leading RNA genomics company pioneering advanced next-gen sequencing (NGS) and computational data products used by the top biopharma and academic institutions around the world.
Our cutting-edge, high-value technologies are powering the development of tomorrow’s RNA medicines to solve today’s toughest human health challenges.
As dynamic growth company, everyone on our team plays a key role and is expected to contribute significantly our future success.
As a member of the Eclipse Bio Services team, the Scientist will be responsible for overseeing customer projects, supervising a team of junior Research Associates and implementing custom investigative requests for NGS-based RNA technologies. This individual will be a technical resource that can answer advanced customer inquiries and support the credibility of our technologies. The ideal candidate will be excellent at communication, passionate for their work, and an organized team player who is self-motivated to work with internal groups and external customers.
- Oversee the planning and execution of eCLIP and other RNA/NGS library prep experiments, utilizing standard biochemical and molecular techniques
- Conduct customer calls to present technology information and assist with answering questions related to sample submission for service
- Interpret/visualize data and preparation of reports, summaries, protocols as they relate to customers scope of work
- Ensure experiments are well documented
- Development, characterization and optimization of custom assays
- Provide technical leadership in supporting customer solutions
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with standard biochemistry and molecular biology procedures, with a particular emphasis on strong RNA isolation and handling experience, as well as western analysis, qPCR, transfection and gel electrophoresis
- PhD in Molecular / Cell Biology or related discipline with 0–4-years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team is essential
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation
- Prior experience in customer service
- Experience with RNA handling
We offer competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience, and an excellent benefits package including company 401K plan, medical, dental, vision and paid time leave.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Eclipse SC-2021-HF in the subject line.